What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from top left:
1. Helen enjoyed these ‘strange jelly-like balls’ as she describes them in yesterdays blog post and found out later that they were actually glutinous rice balls with coconut and peanuts. It could quite possibly be Num plae ai which is a Cambodian dish. The rice balls are filled with liquid caramelized palm sugar.
2. A very nice lemon polenta cake which I shared with my sister at Durleighmarsh Tea Barn near Petersfield. We also shared a cream tea and the scones were the best I’ve had in a long while served with their very own jam.
3. This is a Malteaster bunny who only comes out at Easter time. A tasty treat after a long bike ride given to me by my cycling buddy, he must have thought I’d earned it. It’s like a giant Malteser!
4. Ben & Jerry’s new Greek Style frozen yogurt. I chose raspberry chocolate chunk which was nice and creamy with lots of large chunks of dark chocolate.
5. Delicious warm bakewell tart with a scoop of ice cream from Capers Cafe, Southsea. My husband and I enjoyed scrambled egg on granary toast with tasty bacon from Buckwells’s of Southsea. Scrambled egg on toast doesn’t sound too exciting does it but it really was nice.
Living life, loving cake